Auto Insurance Information
Did Your Auto Insurance Rates Go Up?
Shopping Your Auto Insurance Rate Is The Best Thing You Can Do!
We shop your Auto Insurance rates with multiple companies! Get quotes from companies like Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive and Travelers within minutes!
Give us a call at 770-461-1355 or GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW!
What is auto insurance in Georgia?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
A Georgia auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Georgia requires you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance in Georgia?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.